Not a good solution at all when replacing an electrical box
Light Electrical Repairs that a handyman can do. A licensed handyman can handle quite a number of electrical repairs that you would think that you need an electrician for. Things like replacing these items:
- Light switches
- Light fixtures
- Bathroom fans
- Ceiling fans
- Dimmer switches
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters or also known as GFCI
- Motion detectors
- Smoke detectors
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Replacing kitchen appliances – dishwasher, range or stove, dryer.
- For a water heater in Utah you will need a licensed plumber by state law, if you need a water heater replaced I do know a few plumbers that can get that done for you.
- Having us repair or replace these items can save you a lot of money over a licensed electrician, leave these guys to rewire an addition or wire a new house. These photos are some of the worst problems that I have seen so far this year.
This orange low voltage box is supposed to be used for things like speaker or cable tv wiring, not a place to hide the attempt to rewire the kitchen lights, most likely this was done by a previous homeowner.
These terminals are crimped wrong, the person used a pair of pliers and weakened the crimp, the correct tool tightens the crimp, of course the proper tool is over $100, I have three different tools just for jobs just like this.
If you have wiring like this in your home, this is a really good time of year to get it fixed before your start needing the room heaters and holiday lighting that are going to really tax your electrical system to the max. Don’t ignore these problems they are very easy to repair now.